Real-time Image Correction for Colorblind Users
- Most games with a “colorblind mode” swap hard assets – meshes, textures, etc.
- Image correction for colorblind users already exists for still photographs and images
- Combine the two: make a post-process effect that acts as a real-time color filter – goal is minimal framerate loss
- Demonstration made using C++ with the DirectX 11 API and HLSL shader code
- Transforms made between several color spaces: RGB, LMS, CIE xyY, CIE L*a*b
- Planned total development and testing time of 16 weeks
- Development finished! Results and paper are available here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.